News and Events
Recital Hall Rental Sign-Ups
First Meeting of the Year - A lecture by William Wellborn: "Exploring the Lives and Music of Schubert and Brahms"
Our first event of the year was a lecture by the renowned teacher, preformer, clinician and lecturer - Dr. William Wellborn, presented on Friday, September 14th. There was a time for teachers to mingle and get to know some new members in our branch. Dr. Welborn gave a wonderful slide presentation of his summer tour, focusing on the cities that were traveled by Schubert and Brahms. Some of the memorable cities included Hamburg, Germany, the birthplace of Brahms and Atzenbrugg, Austria to where Schubert made several trips, and some of the famous "Schubertiad" gatherings were held. For biographical information of Dr. Wellborn, click on this link to his website: https://www.williamwellborn.com/bio
Community Outreach Recital
The next Community Outreach Recital will take place on: Saturday December 1st, 2018, 1:30 pm at the San Carlos Elms 707 Elm St, San Carlos.
Students of all ages, levels and instruments are welcome to participate.
Sign up procedure
2. Deadline to sign up for the recital at San Carlos Elms is November 25. There is no participant fee.
General Guidelines :
1. Each teacher can submit up to 3 students.
2. The total amount of time allotted to each teacher’s students is 10-12 minutes.
3. Dress recommendation - girls: nice pants & top or dress/skirt, boys: nice pants & shirt. No tennis shoes.
4. Students performing a piece requiring an accompaniment may use our accompanist or provide their own. Please indicate if you will provide your own accompanist or will use ours. There will be 90 minutes before the recital when students can rehearse with the accompanist. The pianist fee is $70 per hour prorated for recital and rehearsal. It will be calculated and billed by the pianist. 5. Most styles are accepted. Try to avoid concertos as they can be lengthy.
6. Memorization is not required.
7. Please notify Olga Moudry if a student needs to cancel his/her performance. Email (see above) or phone: (408) 772 9834.
8. Seating is limited - we need to accommodate the residents of the retirement home first.
9. The recital will be approximately 60 minutes. Call time for performers is 15 minutes.
Date: Saturday, December 1st, 2018
When: 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Where: San Carlos Elms
707 Elm St.
San Carlos, Ca. 94070